Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Volunteer Kerri Clough-Gorr



Grüezi!  My name is Kerri Clough-Gorr and I live in Zürich, Switzerland.  I am married to Thomas Gorr, have two fabulous grown children (Matthew & Rachel) and 3 delightful cats (Snickers, Gaia & Peeves). I am a Boston, MA native with an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, masters in public health, and doctorate in epidemiology and biostatistics. Currently I am an Assistant Professor at the University of Bern in Switzerland and affiliated with both Boston University and the Veteran’s Administration in the USA. I spend most of my professional energies researching the intersection of aging and cancer.  Although I enjoy my work it lacks occasion for service (something I was raised to believe we should all do) as well as developing world opportunities. The intensity of my current work also leaves little time for volunteer experiences; alas a volunteer holiday to Malawi!  I have traveled in both the developed and developing world including a previous volunteer holiday to Ethiopia with my daughter. I love spending time with my family, animals, reading, writing & walking.  This will be my 1st HFH experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment