Monday, August 5, 2013

Mother/Son Volunteers, Colton & Renatta



Hi! I’m really excited for this trip! I’m a senior at Newport High School in Bellevue WA. I play 7 instruments (guitar, banjo, mandolin, ukulele, harmonica, bass, and piano). I love hiking, mountain biking, and pretty much anything active. My mom has already been on a Habitat for Humanity trip to Vietnam. I am excited for this trip because I love traveling and meeting new people around the world. I speak Spanish fluently and went to Costa Rica in 8th grade. Most of my time is used studying, playing music, or hanging with friends.

Hi everyone, my name is  Renata and I am from Seattle WA. This will be my first time to Africa, but not my first Habitat trip.  Last year I took my 17 year old daughter on a build to Vietnam.   We had such an amazing time.  The people we met along the way as well as our group we’re nothing short of almost perfect.  Obviously being able to experience that kind of trip with my daughter was priceless.  Clearly a bond is made stronger after an experience like that!
So, now that my girl is off to her first year of College and I am having a bit of “empty nest syndrome.”
I can’t think of anything better than going on a build with my 17 year old son and seeing new things from his eyes.  Some I might not want to know about…..  I’m lucky to have the ability to share these kind or experiences with my kids.
Looking forward to meeting you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment